Lesson 10 – The Mingled Spirit
Leviticus 2:4: And when you present an offering of a meal offering baked in the oven, it shall be of fine flour, unleavened cakes mingled with oil or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.
1 Corinthians 6:17: But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.
Romans 8:6: For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.
- Definition of mingle
- “To combine or join (one thing with another, or two or more things together), especially so that the original elements are distinguishable in the combination” – Webster Unabridged Dictionary
- Type in the Old Testament and its significances 1
- Its fulfillment in the New Testament
- And when you present an offering of a meal offering baked in the oven, it shall be of fine flour, unleavened cakes mingled with oil or unleavened wafers anointed with oil. (Leviticus 2:4)
- You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners”; (Hebrews 1:9)
- ”The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to announce the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send away in release those who are oppressed, (Luke 4:18)
- Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12:24)
- I am the bread of life. (John 6:48)
- And the angel answered and said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore also the holy thing which is born will be called the Son of God. (Luke 1:35)
- Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made Him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you have crucified. (Act 2:36)
- But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
- The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you. (2 Timothy 4:22)
- The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God. (Romans 8:16)