Lesson 5 – The Economy of God
1Timothy 1:4 Nor to give heed to myths and unending genealogies, which produce questionings rather than God’s economy, which is in faith.
Eph. 3:9-11 And to enlighten all that they may see what the economy of the mystery is, which throughout the ages has been hidden in God, who created all things, in order that now to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenlies the multifarious wisdom of God might be made known through the church, according to the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- The definition of God’s Economy
- This word refers to a household administration and management; it implies a plan.
- God’s divine dispensation, (plan)
- God’s New Testament Economy
- God dispensing Himself into His chosen people in His Trinity. (This dispensing has three steps):
- For the producing of the church:
- Making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Himself. (Ephesians 1:9)
- According to the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Ephesians 3:11)
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, with which He graced us in the Beloved. (Ephesians 1:3-6)
- In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses, according to the riches of His grace, which He caused to abound to us in all wisdom and prudence, making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Himself, unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him; in whom also we were designated as an inheritance, having been predestinated according to the purpose of the One who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we would be to the praise of His glory who have first hoped in Christ. (Ephesians 1:7-12)
- In whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation, in Him also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise, who is the pledge of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:13-14)
- In order that now to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenlies the multifarious wisdom of God might be made known through the church. (Ephesians 3:10)
- Because of this I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, even as I teach everywhere in every church.
(1 Corinthians 4:17)
- For the kingdom of God is not in speech but in power. (1 Corinthians 4:20)